The time has finally come that we have been granted temporary permits allowing the league to run evaluations for our baseball and softball programs. LAYBS is very optimistic that permits to practice will be issued very soon and we will be on our way to getting the kids back on the field.
We allowed our families to register and secure a spot in our program without asking for any money down in good faith that everyone will follow through with the payment process. We are asking all families to please take the time over the next few days to log back into your account and complete the payment process for your registered player.
*All players must have payment completed to participate in evaluations and placed on a team.*
As a league and community, we are still required to adhere to the health and safety guidelines set forth by our city health department. We will need everyone's help and cooperation to help ensure the health and safety of everyone.
The following will highlight some of the key areas we will need everyone to participate in:
- Players should arrive 15 minutes before their assigned evaluation time. We are unable to modify players scheduled evaluation time due to group size limits.
- Once you check in, please physical distance from others and wait for your group to be called.
- Please have only one parent/guardian bring the player to the evaluation to help keep attendance at a minimum.
- Parents in attendance are asked to physical distance from others and not sit in the bleachers. City guidelines state that face coverings should be worn while in attendance.
- Players are required to have a face cover readily accessible and to be worn in all required situations.
- Players should dress in full baseball practice gear and bring all baseball equipment needed to complete the evaluation.
- Once a player has completed their evaluation, they are asked to depart from the park. Please do not stay any longer than your scheduled time slot.
Players registered for tee ball and rookie division do not need to attend evaluations. Players registered for A, AA, AAA and Majors are expected to participate in the evaluation process. There will be no makeup dates for evaluations this year.
The Babe Ruth division will hold evaluations on field 6 the week of February 8. More information to come...
Please reference the schedule below for our baseball evaluations.
Thursday, February 4th on Field 2
5:30- Barba- Garrison
6:30- Godfrey- Malatesta
7:30- Martinez- Worsham
Saturday, February 6th on Field 1
9:00- Applegate- Enriquez
10:00- Haberland- Miller
11:00- Price- Whelan
12:00- Amaro- Hastings
1:00- Kitano- O'Brien
2:00- Page- Woodson
Saturday, February 6th on Field 2
8:30- Avila- Cunningham
9:15- Decello- Harris
10:00- Hernandez- Patridge
10:45- Quiroz- Sharamitaro
11:30- Sheffield- Wilson
12:15- Ammons- Conradi
1:00- Cordova- Kekacs
1:45- Leishman- Puente
2:30- Reeves- Steele
3:15- Steigner- Woodside
Sunday, February 7th on Field 2
6's & 7's
8:30- Amaro- Cramp
9:15- Cunningham- Guardabascio
10:00- Huber- Prince
10:45- Ramirez- Westhurst